(*Feel free to share comments and questions, but try to keep it spoiler free!!)
Sylvia Day was in town for BookExpo of America and then the next week she had her DAY AFTER DARK event at Union Square. It was a ticketed event with a limited amount of people.
I’ll be honest, I don’t usually read erotic fiction and Fifty Shades of Grey did *not* entice me. From the excerpt that I read, the writing of 50Shades put me off. However, I kept hearing about Sylvia Day and her Crossfire series. A friend who works at Kensington had even sent me Seven Years to Sin, I just hadn’t picked it up.
But, the second to last or last week of May, I picked up BARED TO YOU, devoured it, and jumped on REFLECTED IN YOU. Reflected in You ends in a MAJOR cliffhanger and I was all jittery to get to (what I believed) was the last book.
Naturally, I started to Twitter-stalk Sylvia. Found out that
- the third book was releasing June 4 (I caught up in time!)
- she was going to be IN New York for the release AND at BEA (I was so going to both)
- and the third book was NOT the last book. The trilogy had spawned into 5 books. (OMG)
Went to BEA with a few friends and had Sylvia’s signing on my To-Do List. I thought she was signing REFLECTED IN YOU, but but but! BUT! We actually got a early copy of ENTWINED! I spazzed a little. *A LITTLE*
Read it over the weekend and was super excited to meet other readers at her Day After Dark event. BUT OMG, none of them had read it yet! I was a good little girl though and I only danced in my seat. Didn’t spill a single bean.
However, you must know:
- The way the series is written, you CANNOT start with any book other than book 1. (Not that you would want to…)
- There are no time jumps. Each book starts later that same day or the day after the previous one ends.
- The sex is integral to the plot. There’s no way you can remove it and have the same story or characters
- The story is about Gideon and Eva, but it’s told in first person from Eva’s POV.
- If you can get past Gideon’s stalker-ish, manipulative, controlling tendencies in the first 100 pages of book 1, you’ll understand why there are so many #Crossfire fans.
- Gideon ups the romance 10x in book 3! (My heart…I can’t…what?)
- The ending of ENTWINED is just one punch after the other.
- Keep an eye out! Sylvia posted n Facebook that she’ll be announcing the title of the fourth #Crossfire novel tomorrow (Tuesday)!
- A TV show is in the works (I’m excited about this because if it goes through, we’d get to see Gideon’s POV.)
Since no one at DAY AFTER DARK had read it yet, we all talked about the series, traded must-reads, and I even planned to attend Maya Banks’ event with my new friend Ashlee! (We didn’t even know about Maya’s event)
The line was looonnngggg.
But, I eventually got to see Sylvia, snapped a pic (she’s super sweet and sparkly), and got an autographed copy of ENTWINED WITH YOU for *you* guys!
I ended the night with a rose, my heels in my hand, and an awesome goodie bag!
ENTWINED WITH YOU isn’t an emotional roller-coaster. It’s more like a shuttle to the moon. You get higher and higher, the pressure builds, you’re scared out of your mind, but you’re excited. Then, finally, you’re THERE. But, it’s not the end. You’re left floating, excited that you made it, nervous because your work is just beginning, again, scared because now you have to look back and figure out what you’re going to do.
WHAT ARE GIDEON AND EVA GOING TO DO?! I don’t know, but in the meantime, why don’t you join the journey?
This giveaway will have TWO winners. The winners will have a choice of
- an autographed hardcopy of ENTWINED WITH YOU (from DAY After Dark) or
- the audiobook of ENTWINED WITH YOU (snagged at BEA)
- (It’ll be first come first serve. Whoever responds to their email first!)
- Due to shipping costs this giveaway will only be open to US/CA residents. (SRY!)
- *The only caveat is that whoever wins, would you be kind enough to post a review?
That said, CLICK HERE FOR 7 CHANCES TO ENTER !
You have from 6/24/13 12:01am EST to 7/1/13 12:01am EST to enter.
Winners will be announced 7/2/13
Terms & Conditions:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Void where prohibited. I reserve the right to substitute prizes due to shipping costs or other obstacles.
- Do not leave your email in the comments section
- No purchase necessary
- Fill out the form for extra entries